I have now put part 5 of the Unliklies up for your consumption and (hopefully) approval. In this episode, the team has to find an alternate route into Castle Grayskull in order to recruit one final member of their team…
- A running gag is Chip bonking someone and saying, “That’s not your catchphrase.” Here a list of stolen ones from this episode:
- “Who disturbs my slumber?” The Cave of Wonders, Aladdin.
- “You’ve just taken your first step into a larger world.” Obi Wan Kenobi, Star Wars: A New Hope.
- “Let’s get dangerous!” Darkwing Duck.
- “No way this should have worked.” Dirk Pitt, Sahara.
- “That name no longer has any meaning for me.” Darth Vader, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.
- “You’ll put your eye out.” Corrupted version of “You’ll shoot your eye out, kid,” a repeated line from A Christmas Story.
- “Isn’t this where that one horse sank?” is a reference to The Neverending Story, the scene where Atreyu’s horse gives into the Swamp of Sadness and dies.
- The Legend of Zelda key jingle is requested in the script, but I couldn’t find it for some reason. Instead, I use the found a secret noise.
- The key in Scareglow’s possession that opens a hidden entrance to Grayskull is from the Masters of the Universe Classics toyline. The Classics rendering of Castle Grayskull has a keyhole and the Scareglow figure has a key which fits it.
- In the Masters of the Universe Classics toyline, many characters have “real names,” and the familiar name is actually a nickname they earn from their powers. Karak Nul is Scareglow’s real name according to his bio card.
- Though cut from the final product, the script has Dale getting bonked by Chip for saying, “You’ll put your eye out.”