The wait is over! Our heroes journey to the mysterious island of Anwat-Gar to recover the lost half of the Power Sword. Can they do it?
I love reading bits of trivia for movies, so I decided to post trivia with each new episode, explaining some of the finer points and illuminating a few of the inside jokes. TRIVIA BITS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS, SO BE WARNED. For those uber trivia buffs, I went back and added trivia for the first episode.
- “Release the kraken” is one of my favorite movie lines despite never having seen either Clash of the Titans movie, and I frequently use the line comically.
- In Dungeons & Dragons, krakens have genius-level intellect and are frequently lords of large undersea kingdoms. Mikey is correct to say that the enslave surface dwellers–if they survive having their ship taken down.
- Mikey misnaming M as Q is a veiled James Bond reference.
- The music in the cave is from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
- “I’ll dine on turtle soup tonight” is a reference to a repeated line from Shredder in the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon.