With the cards on the table, our heroes have no idea where to go. They journey to Snake Mountain to rescue the Sorceress. Can she point them in the right direction? Continue reading “New Audio: The Unliklies, Episode 4”
Tri-Klops stole the sword! Our heroes will have to work fast to recover the sword and get it back to M in time. A major betrayal is coming: will it tear the Unliklies apart?
Continue reading “NEW AUDIO: The Unliklies Episode 3”
The wait is over! Our heroes journey to the mysterious island of Anwat-Gar to recover the lost half of the Power Sword. Can they do it?
I love reading bits of trivia for movies, so I decided to post trivia with each new episode, explaining some of the finer points and illuminating a few of the inside jokes. TRIVIA BITS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS, SO BE WARNED. For those uber trivia buffs, I went back and added trivia for the first episode.
- “Release the kraken” is one of my favorite movie lines despite never having seen either Clash of the Titans movie, and I frequently use the line comically.
- In Dungeons & Dragons, krakens have genius-level intellect and are frequently lords of large undersea kingdoms. Mikey is correct to say that the enslave surface dwellers–if they survive having their ship taken down.
- Mikey misnaming M as Q is a veiled James Bond reference.
- The music in the cave is from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
- “I’ll dine on turtle soup tonight” is a reference to a repeated line from Shredder in the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon.