Imagine if Skeletor actually took over Castle Grayskull.
Imagine if, to preserve the balance of power in the universe, the Cosmic Enforcers tried to retake Castle Grayskull with a band of very unlikely heroes. In fact, they’re not heroes but sidekicks and comic relief.
That’s the premise of this audio drama serial, which will span six episodes. Orko is comissioned by a mysterious Cosmic Enforcer called M to lead a band consisting of Chip & Dale, Kwazii from the Octonauts, Larry the Cucumber from Veggie Tales, and Mikey from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Could he face worse odds?
- The original plan for the Sorceress was for an actual female voice actress to perform the role. I tried to get some interest in Facebook voice acting groups I’m a part of, but no takers. I tried to get my wife to do it. Of all the vocals in this serial, I am the least proud of this one.
- The opening narration is replaced by a theme song (of sorts) in later episodes.
- The opening narration more or less puts this story in the continuity of the early Masters of the Universe minicomics, but with a few alterations.
- The minicomics “The Power of Point Dread” and “The Tale of Teela” heavily influenced this serial’s backstory.
- The Mysterious Stranger’s eerie voice is an approximate reproduction of Kylo Ren’s voice from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- This serial features several digs on the Filmation continuity: how there never seemed to be anyone in the Royal Palace except for the main cast, the overuse of pans and zooms, the lack of swordplay or fighting.
- The character of M is not a James Bond reference. This M is reference to the character in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, with a similar character arc.
- The voice I use for M is based on British actor Frank Thornton.